" Tony Asher (born May 2, 1939) is an English-American jingle writer who co-wrote eight songs on the Beach Boys 1966 album Pet Sounds, including "God Only Knows" and "Wouldn't It Be Nice". Asher had a significant influence on the album. In his own words, "The general tenor of the lyrics was often [Brian Wilson's], however the actual choice of words was usually mine. I was really just his interpreter."[2] He also co-wrote songs with Roger Nichols. "


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Asher





" TONY: "It was 1965. I was at a studio for a session. I think we were recording some music, or voice-overs for a commercial and I had heard that the Beach Boys were in another studio. During a break, we kind of hung out in the hallway and eventually, sort of snuck into the booth and Brian was in the studio. The Beach Boys weren't recording; it was just Brian, as I recall, doing song demos. He was playing the piano, and eventually, we met. "



Comments

Popular posts from this blog